An ideal introduction to health and safety for anyone working in a low to medium risk environment. Although it does not provide a qualification itself, it does provide the knowledge and understanding required to go on to achieve a level 2 health and safety qualification.
The nine modules of this course cover the key content and knowledge required to go on to achieve a recognised level 2 health and safety qualification. To achieve a regulated qualification the learner must sit an assessment with Axiom Dynamics.
- Accidents including slips, trips and falls
- Legal responsibilities
- Risk assessment
- Hazardous substances (COSHH)
- Workplace health, safety and welfare
- Work equipment
- First aid
- Manual handling
Who is it aimed at?
Ideal for employee inductions or for anyone wishing to go on to achieve a level 2 health and safety qualification.
The course can also be used as part of the on-programme element of the new apprenticeship standards, supporting the knowledge, skills and behaviours apprentices need to effectively integrate into the workplace.
2 – 3 hours.
How it works
Our e-learning is available to use on multiple platforms such as tablets, PCs and laptops. All you need is an internet connection. Learners simply log on to the Highfield Learner Management System (LMS) and work their way through the course, along with the scenarios that provide them with real-life context.
Learners are assessed at the end of the course by multiple-choice questions.
Learners will receive a Highfield e-learning completion certificate, which is downloadable upon successfully finishing the course.
This e-learning course is CPD accredited. Completion of this course after 10 June 2019 entitles the learner to 9 CPD points.
This course includes a number of key features that will benefit the learner. These include the following:
Features for the Learner:
- Content suitable for Level 2 Award in Health and Safety qualification awarded by Highfield Qualifications and RSPH;
- Interactive content and exercises based on real-life scenarios; and
- Assessments included at the end of every module.
Features for the Course Owner:
- Learner management system, including user groups;
- Licence management for more cost-effective training; and
- Expanded reporting, including assessment feedback.