Designed to provide a wide-ranging level of knowledge around health and safety, this e-learning course covers health and safety law, the hazards present in a workplace and how to implement effective and necessary controls. At the end of the course, learners will have the knowledge and skills to effectively supervise staff.
What does it cover?
Comprising of 11 modules the course covers the key syllabus of level 3 health and safety qualifications and provides the knowledge a learner requires to go on to achieve a recognised qualification.
- Introduction to health and safety
- Accidents, injuries and work-related health
- Legal aspects of health and safety
- Risk assessment
- Hazardous substances (COSHH)
- The workplace
- Manual handling
- Using equipment safely
- Fire safety
- Ergonomics, manual handling and display screen equipment
- Measuring and monitoring performance
- The role of line managers and supervisors
Who Is It Aimed At?
Ideal for supervisors or managers with health and safety duties, or anyone looking to go on to achieve a level 3 health and safety qualification.
The course may also be used as part of the on-programme element of the new apprenticeship standards, supporting the knowledge, skills and behaviours apprentices need to effectively integrate into the workplace.
How it Works
Our e-learning is available to use on multiple platforms such as tablets, PCs and laptops. All you need is an internet connection. Learners simply log on to the Highfield Learner Management System (LMS) and work their way through the course, along with the scenarios that provide them with real-life context.
Learners are assessed at the end of the course by multiple-choice questions.
Learners will receive a Highfield e-learning completion certificate, which is downloadable upon successfully finishing the course
This e-learning course is a Highfield Qualifications accredited programme.
This course includes a number of key features that will benefit the learner. These include the following:
Features for the Learner:
- Content suitable for Level 3 Health and Safety qualifications awarded by Highfield Qualifications and RSPH;
- Interactive content and exercises based on real-life scenarios; and
- Assessments included at the end of every module.
Features for the Course Owner:
- Learner management system, including user groups;
- Licence management for more cost-effective training; and
- Expanded reporting, including assessment feedback.